Monday, January 11, 2010

Sunday 03 - Thursday 07 January– Warderick Wells, Exumas Bahamas. 15 miles.

Repaired the toilet in the rear head, ongo pongo. This is one of my absolute favorite jobs on the boat and hence I had been procrastinating for a couple of weeks (we do, after all, have two heads on the boat, so no hurry required…)

Well it wasn’t too bad, after half an hour or so the pump assembly was replaced, all the mess cleaned up and no cuts on my hands or arms – yippee!

While I was in a boat project mood I thought I may as well make use of this spurt of energy while it lasted, so:

• Installed additional solar powered lamps.

• Installed 2 more fishing rod holders

• Replaced bulbs in front navigations lamps.

After all this hard yakka – it was definitely time for coldie! Found a Presidente (DR Beer) in the fridge, inhaled it and opened another one…

With a promise of picnic and beers, Maria forced Jorgen to go on several strenuous hikes around the island traversing a crusty sharp moonlike landscape.

No Hutias were spotted…but there was plenty of evidence that the little critters were active and ate well.

In comes Front 4 – Warderick was the right decision!! Sustained 25 to 30 kts from NW, we need to sacrifice a goat or something and ask the god of wind to take a vacation, preferably not in the Bahamas

Choc Ice...



Beached Whale...



I think I need a haircut...



Shouldn't have mentioned the haircut to Maria Scissorshand...



Brazil Nuts...



The Great Divider...

1 comment: